Editor’s Note: We recently asked on our Facebook page for home schooling New Year’s resolutions from our families. Here are some of the ones they gave us:
- Have my second grader reading.
- My resolution is to have more fun with teaching. More reading aloud, more hands on learning fun.
- Keep up with grading and hours.
- Grade every week and to be more hands on.
- Be more consistent.
- More one on one time with each kid.
- Do more Art!!!!
- Attend Mass more often.
- Find a home school group to join!!
- Try to answer the hard questions when asked . Even if I don’t know the answer – wing it!
- Be more consistent and hands on, enjoy the process, and most of all, to stop comparing our journey to those of public schooled friends!
- Get back on a good roll after many family changes (deaths and separations). Make myself very proud!!!!
- Start the school day earlier so we can get done earlier and I can get to bed earlier!
- Get my high school diploma before I turn 19 in August! Be the best senior I can be! Most of all – balance my senior year of Seton, a part-time job, and college emergency medical technician classes!
- Be punctual.
- Be more consistent and having more fun teaching and learning :)
We’d love to hear your 2014 resolutions, too!
Feel free to share them in the comments below.